Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WEEK FOUR

Emily

No it's not de jas vous all over again - different Emily!
I met Emily like I met most of my mom friends - through a support group at Womens Hospital where we had our babies. The older our daughters got the closer they got and the closer we got. Emily and I have a lot in common - we were both former teachers who gave it up to have babies! : ) We have similar parenting ideals, and the same sense of humor. She's a good friend for me. She's the organization to my scatterbrain - she's the slightly straitlaced to my fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, She's the Catholic to my WASP - she's the beauty to my.....well - not sure what I bring to the table there. Anywho, she's always been an incredible friend to me - willing to help me out in whatever way possible. You need people like that in your life. When I was huge and pregnant, she'd take over running around after our girls. Whenever I have needed to talk - she's been there, and I just can't thank her enough.

Her letter starts like so many more will.....


Emily, I never thought when I joined the Breastfeeding support group when Madeline was 2 weeks old, I'd end up with so many dear friends. I am so thankful and lucky to have you in my life. You have always been such good friend to me. You seem to look for ways to make my life easier - even if it costs you extra work. Becoming a full time Mother has been hard for me, and you've been there every step of the way encouraging me that I can be a good mother to two children, and that I have something to offer as a person and as a friend. I count you as one of my greatest friends. I am so lucky to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment